Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Plug In

I couldn’t figure out why the Internet wasn’t working. I checked the router/modem. I could see several green lights blinking, so it had power. Again, I tried to connect to the Internet with the same ominous message and no connection. I clicked on the diagnostic tool and waited for the results.
The first question asked was “Are all cables connected to the modem?" I knew the computer I was using did not have an internal wireless modem. The Router/modem was sitting on top of the computer so I was sure it was connected.
At the bottom of the page I was given two options, one of which was “I verified that the cables are connected.” I didn’t really want to bother, but it was foolish to continue with the diagnostic if I wasn’t willing to check the cable. You guessed it, the cable was unplugged. I plugged in the cable and connected to my know-it-all friend, the fabulous Internet!
We must be careful as believers to stay connected to God. We understand we need His power, His wisdom and His help, but we fail to value His friendship and lordship. We juggle schedules and priorities, but way too often spending time with Him gets left off the list. His name is scratched off and replaced with religious activities and quick screeches for “help”. Nothing can replace connecting with God. Nothing can compare with the splendor of spending time with the King of Kings, but we must consciously plug-in through praise and worship to enter His presence. Take a look…are all cables connected to His majesty?

No comments:

Post a Comment