Saturday, July 16, 2011

His Power, Not Ours

His Power, Not Ours

It was the close of the service at a District Girl’s Retreat and the girls were praying at the altar,  I noticed a leader with several girls as she moved among them praying and encouraging them to enter into the presence of God. I moved along slowly, praying for girls to experience the presence of God. But when I came to this leader, I felt an urgency to linger.

Prior to the service I had urged the leaders to move to the altars with the girls, praying over them, expecting God to flow through them to minister to their girls. This leader was doing exactly what I asked. It was inspiring to see her relate and minister to the girls.

But I sensed the need to minister to her for a moment and tell her something like this, “You ask yourself, can I minister to these girls? I have nothing to give these girls”. I shared the infamous verse from Zechariah 4:6 … “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” KJV

It is important that we never lose sight of that reality, it’s all about Him. We cannot change lives. We cannot give them what they need, even when they come forward for prayer at the altar. But, and this is a very important conjunction, be confident, that as a conduit His Spirit flows through you - like oil flows through the Alaska Pipeline - to touch the people you minister to. Your faith connects you with heaven and all God’s resources. God flowing through human conduits is what ministry is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment