Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pentecost Celebration

I am so thankful for Pentecost. I am so thankful that we are not alone, but that Holy Spirit came to fill us and enable us to do ministry. Still His ability is only available as we partner with Him and access His ability.

I am also thankful that I was able to celebrate Pentecost with dear friends this weekend. Sue Combs whipped up one of her amazing meals for us. She made fresh mashed potatoes (did you know mashed potatoes can be cooked without a box…go figure), fresh green beans (honestly now, fresh green beans…AMAZING!), real southern fried chicken like only a true southern belle can make, sweet tea that is only found south of the Mason Dixie line and a forget you need to lose 20 lbs carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. If for one minute I could have frozen the scene, so no one was looking, I would have licked my plate. SOOO GOOD! Not only does she cook good, she prays good too!

But Wayne and I did more than eat; I could talk about that at length, but I will refrain because my stomach is growling and complaining. Father set an amazing table for us too. His presence was so real at Peggy and Randy Williams church on Friday night and then again at every service the entire weekend. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I can tell you, I preached myself hungry!

I want more of God. I want more of His ability, not so I can be a reservoir to contain it, but so I can be a conduit for it to flow through. His love and power, like water in the desert, changes things, and our neighborhoods and cities need the change that only Jesus can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment